Level 2 Award in Wine and Spirits
This course is offered through classroom, intensive and online formats. Classroom courses take place on Tuesday evenings over five weeks. Intensive programs require home study four weeks prior to an intensive 8-hour classroom preparation immediately before the exam. Online programs are delivered over five weeks in an online education portal, students must take the exam in person at our Denver campus.
Who should attend?
This course provides an all-round product knowledge and education. This course is structured for industry trade members in the areas of retail, hospitality, sales, production, and distribution / wholesale. Serious wine consumers with an interest in a deeper industry knowledge or pursuing a career in the field may also field this helpful. This course focuses on key grape varieties and regions of the world as well as the principle production methods for spirits.
- Wine production and factors influencing it
- Key grape varieties
- Wine production regions of the world
- Sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Spirits and liquors
- Food and Wine pairing
- WSET Systematic Approach to tasting
- Multiple choice exam
- 55% or greater must be achieved to pass
Cost and Dates
- $750 classroom and intensive programs
- $600 home student and online learning
- Discounts available (groups 5 or more)
- Online courses are available on an ongoing basis
- Classroom and intensive courses are offered in the Fall and Spring
Next Course Dates
Denver Winter and Spring dates will be announced by 9/15/14
- Classroom: Oct 13 – Nov 10, Monday evenings from 5:30 – 8:30 PM, Exam Nov. 17. Colorado Springs campus.
Registration deadline: September 29th.
- Online Level 2: Each class runs for 5 weeks and you can choose any of the the Exam dates listed below.
Register here for the class starting on October 4th
Register here for the class starting on November 8th
Exam dates: October 14th, November 9th, December 9th and February 10th
Registration deadline 15 days prior to each course.