Level 2 Award in Wine and Spirits
This course is offered through classroom, intensive and online formats. Classroom courses take place on Tuesday evenings over five weeks. Intensive programs require home study four weeks prior to an intensive 8-hour classroom preparation immediately before the exam. Online programs are delivered over five weeks in an online education portal, students must take the exam in person at our Denver campus.
Who should attend?
This course provides an all-round product knowledge and education. This course is structured for industry trade members in the areas of retail, hospitality, sales, production, and distribution / wholesale. Serious wine consumers with an interest in a deeper industry knowledge or pursuing a career in the field may also field this helpful. This course focuses on key grape varieties and regions of the world as well as the principle production methods for spirits.
- Wine production and factors influencing it
- Key grape varieties
- Wine production regions of the world
- Sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Spirits and liquors
- Food and Wine pairing
- WSET Systematic Approach to tasting
- Multiple choice exam
- 55% or greater must be achieved to pass
Cost and Dates
- $750 classroom and intensive programs
- Early Registration $700, 50% due upon sign up, remaining 50% at final registration deadline
- $600 home student and online learning
- Discounts available (groups 5 or more)
- Online courses are available on an ongoing basis
- Classroom and intensive courses are offered in the Fall and Spring
Next Course Dates
- Classroom: Feb 3rd – Mar 10, Tuesday evenings from 5:30 – 8:30 PM, Exam Mar 17. Denver location.
Early Registration deadline (save $50): November 30, 2014. Registration deadline: January 15, 2015.
- Intensive: April 10th – 12th. Exam April 12th. This program requires 3-5 weeks home study prior to class. Denver.
Early Registration deadline: January 31st. Registration deadline February 27th.
- Classroom: Oct 13 – Nov 10, Monday evenings from 5:30 – 8:30 PM, Exam Nov. 17. Colorado Springs location.
Registration deadline: September 29th.
- Online Level 2: Each class runs for 5 weeks and you can choose any of the the Exam dates listed below.
Register here for the class starting on November 8th
Register here for the class starting on December 6th
Register here for the class starting on January 17th
Register here for the class starting on March 7th
Register here for the class starting on May 2nd
- Exam dates: January 24th, March 17th, April 13th, April 19th
Registration deadline 15 days prior to each course.